Thursday, July 24, 2008

your laundry detergent may be making you sick

it certainly is doing the trick for me. they often give me headaches. it turns out that this may be a very sensible reaction, because many scented products emit toxic chemicals.

according to a study of 6 common scented products done by a civil and environmental engineering professor at the University of Washington:

"Results showed 58 different volatile organic compounds above a concentration of 300 micrograms per cubic meter, many of which were present in more than one of the six products. For instance, a plug-in air freshener contained more than 20 different volatile organic compounds. Of these, seven are regulated as toxic or hazardous under federal laws."

how is this even legal?

if anyone hears about a class-action lawsuit, please let me know. i would be glad to sign on.

i hope this blows up into a big public scare and gets blown way out of proportion. it'd force our gov't to actually regulate the products corporations sell to us, instead of just pretending to do so.

2 comments:

miked_or said...

I would definitely like to hear about any class action lawsuits. Scented products, especially laundry detergents and fabric softeners make me VERY sick. Headache, irritability, confusion, its horrible. I have had to do so much to get around this and I would love to know which chemicals are causing this.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! My name is Anna. My daughter was extremely allergic when she was little', the poor thing had skin rashes and i didn't know why. We found our laundry detergent to be the culprit. So since then i've had my eyes peeled for alternatives and i have probably tries close to tried everything! I like the home made products the best. But yesterday i found a product that blew my mind!! I decided to spread the word because its amazing! 'Im not a marketer so i don't know how to do this, I know its tacky (so please forgive me) but I'm just going to share the link! If you suffer, PLEASE just look at it because it could change your life!! Thank you, sending Love and Happiness to everyone out there!! I hope this gives someone relief... xoxoxo Anna
whoops.. almost forgot the link, lol! Sorry for the rawness, i dont plan on being a marketer, i only want this product to be found by those who need it. Love and Happiness to All!!
Magnets: https://d08023yml7wybwaodhhkqhh016.hop.clickbank.net/